But perhaps you know of more such contraptions?
- AEM Comanchero Six - a 6-wheel version of the AEM Scout, it has to be rare
- Andersen Cub 6 - and a 6-wheel version of the Anderson Cub, pretty rare too, I reckon
- Hrubon Schmitt 6 - oh yes, a 6-wheel version of the ultra short Hrubon Schmitt, just a prototype?
- Hustler 6 - the well-known 6-wheeler Hustler version of the late great William Towns
- MDV Six - the brochure of this van shows a 6-wheeler, but did that ever reach production?
- Scamp 6 - you guessed it: a Scamp 6-wheeler, several were made as far as I know
- SHADO Jeep - two were built for the movie and television screen, at least one survives (see here)
- Stimson Midi Bug - This could have been the Safari Six prototype says Stimson fan Paul Wylde (here)- Stimson Safari Six - Definitely one of the more quirkier of Mini derivatives, several were made
Rare Comanchero Six by Automotive Engineering & Manufacturing
The Andersen Cub '6', who ever saw one of these in the flesh?
Brochure picture courtesy Wayne Morris
The thing about the Hrubon Schmitt was its length, but a six-wheeler?
William Towns' Hustler 6 surely was the most popular of them all
The MDV (Multi Developments Vehicles) Six as shown in brochure
This is one of the 'SHADO Jeeps' as it was used to advertise a garage
Picture courtesy flickr.com
Barry Stimson's Midi Bug is said to have been a one-off prototype
Picture courtesy Car & Car Conversions
And the Stimson Safari Six, a very sunny vehicle indeed
Picture: Jeroen Booij