Wednesday 8 April 2020

Mystery Mini derivative (64)

These pictures were posted on the Ten Tenths forum years ago. The message that came with them read: "The pics below are of a single seat racing car that was bought by my dad's business partner in somewhere around 1972. I had always believed the car to be a Terrapin, but after seeing pics of a Terrapin I think I am wrong. I took the pics (not good quality due to the Polaroids degrading over time). Somewhere in my weary head I recall that the car was built (and designed?) by Richard Wilde. It clearly has Mini subframes front and rear. Can you help identify the animal?"

I have never been able to do so, as I have never been able to get in touch with the man who posted them. Who knows more?

UPDATE 10:30: Robert Begley suggests the chassis seen in this previous posting may actually be the same. What do you think?

Mystery Mini based single seater is not a Terrapin. But what is it then?
Picture Ten Tenths

It must have been inspired by the Terrapin though? Mini engine in Mini subframe at the back
Picture Ten Tenths

This was supposedly taken at around 1972. Was Richard Wilde involved with it?
Picture Ten Tenths

No comments:

Post a Comment