Sadly under the NZ law even if a shell was made from the mould it could never be made road legal. Our licencing laws mean it would pass any modern rest requirements. I know of 2 the owners built from shells that will only ever track day cars. I've just gone through the process with my Jem, which was previously road legal here in NZ & even then it was treated as "scratch built" & can only be road registered with a Motorsports authority card.
Sadly under the NZ law even if a shell was made from the mould it could never be made road legal. Our licencing laws mean it would pass any modern rest requirements.
ReplyDeleteI know of 2 the owners built from shells that will only ever track day cars.
I've just gone through the process with my Jem, which was previously road legal here in NZ & even then it was treated as "scratch built" & can only be road registered with a Motorsports authority card.