Tuesday 13 March 2018

Found footage: Radford Mini stars in 1966 horror movie

Several years ago I got hold of some original Radford photographs. Among them two shots of what appears to be an early Radford Mini Bel Air or De Ville on Irish (Dublin?) plates. On these pictures the car seems to be parked in a studio setting and one of them strangely shows it with a flat front tyre. I had no idea what it was about but thought it may well have been used for a movie. Chances of finding it were ultra-low, I thought.

Imagine my surprise when I was looking at the 1966 movie 'The Psychopath' last week, which opens with this very car in this very setting! It also explains the flat tyre. The Psychopath is a horror movie by Amicus Productions, also known as the studio that dripped blood, and together with Hammer my all-time favorite movie producers (I have a real taste for classic British horror). The full film can be found on Youtube, and I have enclosed it in here, too. The Mini scene follows right after the opening titles. Enjoy!

This picture of a Radford Mini De Ville was a mystery for many years. It's on Irish plates
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

Shown here with a flat front tyre in a studio setting, it now turns out to be part of ' The Psychopath'
Picture Jeroen Booij archive 


Video courtesy youtube.com

1 comment: