Thursday 13 October 2022

Mystery Mini derivative (83)

From Denmark (where the last mystery Mini derivative was located) over to Germany for the next. And this is an intriguing one, which I really hope some of you here will be able to tell me more about. I was made aware of these pictures with the question for more information. I didn't know anything about it but managed to get in touch with Ralf Streethawk, who took these pictures. Unfortunately he didn't know much either, writing: "Hello, I made these pictures in Bergkamen in the Easter weekend. The car was parked next to a Pilgrim and a Spartan. Greetz, Ralf."

Next, I asked a German friend. Again he didn't know it but he did ask another friend who did, leading to the following information, translated from German: "Yes I know this racing series. It's similar to a Formula V but with the Mini engine and the smallest diameter disc brakes of the Cooper that exist. I can't think of the name of these racing cars since it was a long time ago."

Well, well, a German racing series of its own using Mini power. Surely some of you will know that? Do note that this car appears to be road registered also! Thanks Ralf Streethawk for allowing me to use the pictures.


Sleek single seater racer from Germany, used in a racing series. 1990s or 200s?
Picture Ralf Streethawk

Wheels (12") may be the only giveaway to this racing car being Mini powered
Picture Ralf Streethawk

But there you go. That is a Mini engine driving the rear wheels. Who knows more?
Picture Ralf Streethawk

No comments:

Post a Comment