Monday 10 January 2011

Pricewatch Unipower GT (1)

One of my great hobbies is flicking through old magazines. For the stories, that is. But old advertisements are such a nice bonus that I cannot resist browsing these too. Call me an anorak but I love tracing the gems in between them. For the sheer if-only idea. The ads that I compiled below are from various motoring magazines and range from the late 1970's to the early 1990's (click up for bigger). What they have in common is that they all feature a Unipower GT for sale. As you can see, prices vary from 1,500 GBP to 4,750 GBP.
I don't think you will be able to purchase a Unipower GT for that sort of money today. In fact, several of the low-slung GT's were sold for multitudes of these prices since I finished the Maximum Mini book, and several others are still for sale. I made an overview on their current prices that I will show tomorrow in the Unipower GT pricewatch part 2. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. The one bottom right is my Unipower GT from the HSCC IRS series circa '88 outright class winner and outright winner several races in era 87-89. Went to Japan in around 91.

    Tim Wright

    ReplyDelete