Tuesday 7 November 2017

Grandson of builder is looking for an Edenvale Mini coupe

I was contacted some time ago by Vaughan Frankiewicz, who happened to know more about the Mini fastback coupes built in Edenvale, South-Africa in the 1960s (see Maximum Mini 3). He wrote: "The Mini Fastback is one of three my grandfather build. It belonged to my mother for many years before being sold. I would like to know who currently owns the vehicle as I would like to purchase it and have it back in the family if possible." I haven't heard from him anymore, but would love keep in touch. Also: the whereabouts of the three cars are currently unknown to me, but I'm sure somebody else will be able to help.

First of the three Frankiewicz built Mini fastbacks was owned by a South-African radio DJ
Picture courtesy Chris Rees

This one turned up for sale in South-Africa in 2013 when it was sold for a very little sum
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

And it was seen for sale again two years later, still looking pretty rough. Where did it go?
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

No comments:

Post a Comment