Friday 2 April 2021

Ranger Cub seen for sale

Day 5 of Three-Wheeler Week at Maximum Mini with a nice Ranger Cub being offered for sale in Gainsborough. That's the village where I used to spend the nights when the Mk1 Performance / Maximum Mini Action Day was held at the nearby Blyton Park track (not this year unfortunately), so a pity I didn't know about it earlier as I would have loved to see it in person.

The seller states: "This example of the Ranger Cub has outlived most simply because the owner/builder lost interest and left it the garage. Buff log book included." I wondered if it's the Jet Black car bought new by Andrew Gourlay in April 1975. Andrew provided me with some great Cub information and pictures many years ago, but unfortunately I couldn't reach him now. But the seller told me: "Sadly its not the same car. I have the invoice etc and it is not the same name." I'm still not totally convinced though and would love to learn a little more! See the ad here.

Have a great Easter weekend for now.

UPDATE 6 July 2021. It's not the same vehicle. John Langley is restoring the Cub now. More here.


Ranger Cub offered for sale in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire looks complete
Picture Ebay

Just about 20 Cub three-wheelers were made by Ranger Automotive
Picture Ebay

This one seems to come with automatic transmission
Picture Ebay

Classic Morris Mini engine, I think most Cubs came with an 850
Picture Ebay

That's Andrew Gourlay in the flared fashion of the time, working on his Cub
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

Not the same car? I hope you are doing well Andrew!
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

And a copy of the original invoice that Andrew shared with me
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

No comments:

Post a Comment