Monday 28 June 2021

Tony's second Jem is now finished

Reader Tony Fysh restored a Mk2 Mini Jem a few years ago but once finished considered selling it once again due to a lack of use. The car was sold swiftly through Maximum Mini but for Tony that was the start of a new restoration project: another Mk2 Jem! 

He now dropped me another line about that: "Hi Jeroen. I have just completed the full restoration of my second Mini Jem. I have owned this car since 1986, would you believe! It will hopefully be on the road within the next two weeks after a two year restoration. Everything is new and as good if not better than my last one. Serious illness due to Covid slowed things down but I got there in the end. I will send more pictures once on the ground and roadworthy. Keep safe. Cheers, Tony."

Well done Tony, I am glad to here you are back in good health and in Jem ownership and hope you will enjoy this car for many years to come!


Tony Fysh owned this Mk2 Mini Jem since 1986 but only just finished its restoration
Picture Tony Fysh

Back in 2017 he'd restored a similar Jem, which looked very good in light blue
Picture Tony Fysh

But he drove that car for just 550 miles before selling it through Maximum Mini
Picture Tony Fysh

"Everything is new and as good if not better than my last one", which says something
Picture Tony Fysh

Neat interior with roll cage and correct seats. You've got to love this Jem
Picture Tony Fysh

No comments:

Post a Comment