Tuesday 17 April 2018

Beaulieu goes Mini based

Last week I received a message from Tony Salter, who is organizing the Mini Cooper Register’s Beaulieu day on 10 June 2018. He wrote: "Each year we try and focus on a particular group of Minis and this year it is coachbuilt Minis. These coachbuilt cars are those converted by a number of companies over the years, Radford, Wood and Pickett, et cetera. This display is being organized by Neville Smyth and Steve Burkinshaw and we hope to have around 30 cars. Although our main display this year is coachbuilt Minis, we are having a secondary display of plastic mini based cars. I have space for 12, but only have 4 cars confirmed so far. I wondered if you could help me fill up the additional spaces? Each car would get a free ticket to the event and be parked in front of the main info caravan in the arena – top billing really!"

So there we go. I asked Tony what kind of cars he is thinking of, and he answered: "I had in mind the likes of Marcos, Jem, Biota, Ogle etc. As I said I already have a couple of GTMs and a Midas. If you could ask any who would like to come to contact me on beaulieu@minicooper.org I can sort out tickets for them." Well, here you go. If you like to enjoy Beaulieu as a guest and have your car on display there, do contact Tony. A report here will follow.

Two hatchback Mini Devilles next to each other at Beaulieu some years ago
Picture courtesy Stuart Watson

The Mini Cooper Register is expecting some 30 coachbuilt Minis for this year
Picture courtesy Stuart Watson

Among them Hoopers, Wood & Picketts, Radfords and some more unusual coachbuilts
Picture courtesy Stuart Watson

But... they are looking for 12 Mini derivatives like these, too: Ogle SX1000s and Mini Marcoses...
Picture Jeroen Booij

...Plus many more. Owners will get top billing for the event, says organizer Tony Salter
Picture Jeroen Booij

No comments:

Post a Comment