Monday 30 April 2018

Earley Heerey GTM resurfaces in South-Africa

Mini based cars are everywhere and Leon Daniels recently found an early Heerey GTM in South-Africa. He wrote: "Whoops, I did it again! This was going cheaply so... I am asking around if anyone knows the car. We moved to the United Arabic Emirates in September last year, although I found the GTM on a Mini chat group in South Africa. There is a restored Cox GTM in Knysna and the owner tells me he sold this car after buying it from a Johannesburg based restorer. So I’m trying to get the Johannesburg guy to give me more details - he says it is definitely the one he sold. I hope the A-pillar and door supports can be repaired easily. How do they fit a whole motor in that tiny space..?" Thanks for sharing the images Leon, do keep me posted!

Early GTM needs lots of work but the body itself seems mostly unmolested
Picture Leon Daniels

A-pillars unfortunately have some serious damage, though 
Picture Leon Daniels

But the correct doors are still with the car
Picture Leon Daniels

As is the bonnet with the signature Heerey air vent
Picture Leon Daniels

Box section is another typical feature for an early Heerey GTM
Picture Leon Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment