Saturday 6 February 2021

Killeen K16 - where are you?

Another long-lost Mini based sports car which triggers the senses is the Killeen K16. I wrote about the car before here, aided by Robert J. Allen who was - and is - keen to find the car long before I got interested. Since that write-up I never heard a thing about the mysterious sports car designed and built by Tom Killeen of Sutton Coldfield, not even the smallest hint or vague trail. So when I came across these slightly better pictures recently, seen below, I thought it was about time for another plea of information. Lest we forget the Killeen K16.


Designed by Tom Killeen the K16's symmetric body had an estimated drag coefficient of 0.27
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

The car came with 1275 Cooper S' engine installed just ahead of the rear wheels
Picture Jeroen Booij archive 

No comments:

Post a Comment